Monday, August 3, 2009

Long time, no see

Apologies for the delay in updating my blog. As most of you know, I discovered I was pregnant when on holiday in Albania last September. Joy :)

But this was followed by nearly four months of appalling sickness and shivers, and then various other pregnancy ailments and I just couldn't do anything in the evenings except groan and crash once we'd got Babe into bed. I've kept a pregnancy diary to remind me how awful it was and put me off having any more kids. I'd always wanted a brood, but I just don't do pregnancy at all well.

Having said that, the birth was fine - see entry below, and our new arrival, another little boy chicken, is gorgeous, squidgy, sleepy and gurgley. I don't feel much more tired than I did when pregnant, despite night feeds and Babe being a little pain in the ar*e, quite frankly, in the sleep department, and knowing I'm not going to get any rest from the time Babe goes up til he goes down means that I'm in a psychologically much better position than I was first time round. Plus I know what I'm doing and I've got the kit :). And I haven't aged the way I felt I did with Babe, not the same aches and pains and immediate wrinkles. So, as for a third sprog, well, I'm not saying this to Other Half, but never say never...

I'm now working on getting my health and fitness back. Bollocks, am I! But I intend to. And have some career plans at last, that I may share at some point once I've started the training. And we're working on a plan for writing a plan for thinking about moving house and maybe upgrading our car at some point! The excitement! Before long I'll have a life map in post-its on the bathroom wall again. Other Half has banned marker pens which I think is reasonable.

BUT our immediate dilemna and source of perennial friction, as you know, is: where to go on holiday when we have a new-born, nay cash, and a horrible bunch of relatives you know where.
And that, combined with potty-training and another shitty British summer, is frustrating me enough to need to re-open this blog.

So, from next week, you can expect to see two updates per week. Lucky readers :)

No comments: