Sunday, July 6, 2008

'It's me, I loves you'

You have possibly been wondering why this blog is called ‘Crazy in Loves’ and not ‘Crazy in love’, after the popular Beyonce hit.

A week or so into our relationship, Other Half took my hand, looked sincerely and lovingly into my eyes, and announced ‘It's me, I loves you.’ Wow! I had never experienced such a bold declaration of love. What’s more, it was followed by the question, ‘Why not you me gettin’ marry?'

Obviously, I was swept off my feet. Unlike any other man, he had immediately realised what an amazing catch I was, and wanted to land me fast. His confidence and assurance were a key factor in me persuading myself that he was the one. And to this day, grammatical errors involving the letter ‘s’ take me back to the romantic moment that changed the course of my life so bloody dramatically :). And as it happens, 'Crazy in love' was already taken.

Incidentally, eleven years down the line, Other Half completely denies the aforementioned declaration of love. He says his English was not good enough to have made such a proposal. And that he would not have fallen in love so quickly. And that I must have misunderstood. Hum! To wit: how many other decisions of unspeakable magnitude might have been rushed or taken as a result of misunderstandings? George Bush take note!

No comments: