Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Goat-yoghurt 'me' time

I finally had some 'me' time tonight: a bath. And took Trinny and Susanna's advice and put goat yogurt on my face to soften it up. Now I've got sodding weird dry patches. Liars! I should do them for... well, lying. Because I've got loads of time for complaining and the like these days... not. At least I hadn't made a special trip out to get the stuff.

No, I had plenty of said yogurt in my fridge. Such fancies are the by-product of living with a man of near-Mediterranean descent. We are never without such trivialities as olives, feta cheese (five packs per week minimum), huge amounts of crusty white bread, olive oil, pale lager and wash-and-go. Oh, and apple turnovers (??). We are, however, regularly without such life-sustaining necessities as a kitchen, bathroom, toilet paper and washing up liquid. Heigh ho.

All is not well, it seems, with the down pipe that was laid under the dining room floor while I was in labour. Pooey odours were reaching for my nostrils as I laid in the bath, and for once they weren't coming from Babe. Blinking heck. Other Half had a bad motorcycle accident shortly before we met, and amongst his injuries was the almost entire loss of his sense of smell. And he is concerned that I may be exaggerating said pooey stink to get my own back because I so utterly, literally and physically (ie prostrating myself across his shovel) opposed his digging up of said dining room floor. More about our DIY disasters on another occassion, but a great proportion of my four-day labour and birth story are given over to them. I can see nasty things lying in wait for this weekend, though.

So, on that happy note, I'm going to recklessly fritter a portion of my evening on e-bay. I should have learnt my lesson yesterday when I bought a wonderful baby carrier with sunroof, wind protector, luggage compartment and god knows what else for £4 - RRP £159! Except when I received the payment confirmation I discovered its size XXL. Rats! That will be too large even for my expanding, sagging waistline. And Other Half is obviously much trimmer than I am. I'll have to strap it around a pillow or something as well as my tummy.

Anyway, as Christmas is approaching, I thought I'd ask Other Half what special things I could search for him for on E-bay, and he asked me to look for a spare car key. I'm not sure if he's taking the piss. Still I like a challenge.

No comments: